What a County!

I just want to say how just really impressed and grateful I am for the people in this community. Last week a grassroots group of people worked over 2-1/2 days and gathered over 2800 signatures. When at least 1195 are certified to be valid, the Independent DA initiative will be on the November ballot.

I am just in awe of what these folks did. These are Democrats and Republicans, conservatives and liberals, people from Knappa and Cannon Beach and Astoria. They went out in the rain. I frankly didn't think it was possible to do it in the short of amount of time they had.

The Independent DA initiative is not all about me. It's about the office of the District Attorney, and I think it will lead to some very positive discussions and positive outcomes for my office long after I'm no longer District Attorney.