NDAA Summer Meeting, Napa, CA

The National District Attorneys Association summer conference in Napa,
California featured a great speech by former Supreme Court Justice

Sandra Day O'Connor, who told us that the only job she could get as a
Stanford Law grad back in the day was at the DA's Office in San Mateo.















 



I was stunned to receive the "Home Run Hitters Award" in recognition for 
my work on the Houser (Guzek) case. (I think we should  start calling the
cases by the names of the VICTIMS not the killers.) That's  a customized
genuine Louisville slugger bat with my name engraved on it. 

 















 
 


with Chris Chiles, NDAA President and DA of Cabell County (Huntington), WV



The award is the brainchild of Fayette Commonwealth (Lexington, KY) DA Ray Larson 
and is given at no regular interval. As co-chair of NDAA's Media
Committee I have advocated that it be given -
- as it almost always is -- to
non-elected working prosecutors, so I was very surprised and moved
.